Bariatric Surgery in Toms River, NJ
1430 Hooper Ave, Suite 203
Toms River, NJ 08753
Hours of operation:
Mon 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tue 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Wed 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thu 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri* 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
*Closed every other Friday
Sat* 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
*Two Saturdays a month
Are You Considering Bariatric Surgery in Toms River, NJ?
Nearly one-third of American adults suffer from obesity and obesity-related health issues today. You don’t have to struggle with these issues alone. Garden State Bariatrics & Wellness Center offers expert nutritional advice and bariatric care, including several bariatric surgery options. Our Toms River, NJ location offers flexible evening and weekend hours to accommodate your scheduling needs. We’re here to provide the support and education you need to meet your weight loss goals. If you’re interested in reclaiming your health and body and renewing your quality of life, we urge you to reach out and schedule a consultation with our friendly, experienced team today!
What Services Do You Provide?
There is not a “one size fits all” approach to weight loss management. As such, Garden State Bariatrics offers several types of bariatric surgery procedures and additional services to aid our patients, including:
- Duodenal Switch Surgery: During this procedure, your stomach is divided vertically to reduce its size and restrict the amount of food it can hold. Your small intestine is rearranged to separate the flow of food from the flow of bile and pancreatic juices. This procedure is among the most effective treatments for improving type 2 diabetes, with a 98% cure rate.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy: During this procedure, we reduce the stomach’s size to about the size of a banana to restrict the amount of food it can hold. This surgery also produces a chemical or hormonal effect that curbs the patient’s appetite post-procedure, making it effective for long-term weight loss. Bariatric sleeve surgery is an effective permanent bariatric option for obesity.
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: During this procedure, the stomach size is reduced to restrict how much food a patient can consume. Rerouting the small intestine leads to less efficient absorption of nutrients to help the patient lose more weight rapidly. Bariatric bypass surgery usually takes about two hours and requires a two- to three-day hospital stay for recovery.
- Revisional Bariatric Surgery: If you’ve had a gastric band surgery that didn’t yield desirable weight loss results, our team is highly experienced in providing revisional bariatric surgeries. We can even convert a gastric bypass into a duodenal switch, something not many surgeons are willing or able to provide.
- Nutritional Program: Bariatric surgery must be paired with significant lifestyle changes to produce the best weight loss results. Our in-house nutritional program helps patients make the necessary changes to their diet to keep the weight off post-procedure. Our nutritionists offer support and education at every step of your weight loss journey.
What Is Bariatric Surgery? Why Choose Bariatric Surgery?
If you are 100 pounds or more above your ideal body weight, you may be a candidate for bariatric surgery. Bariatric surgery is not one specific procedure. Rather, it is several procedures collectively performed to aid in medical weight loss. Bariatric surgery is not a “quick fix” solution. It requires making healthy lifestyle changes to keep the weight off permanently. If diets and exercise alone haven’t produced desirable results in the past, talk to your doctor about the possibility of bariatric surgery. The type of bariatric procedure recommended will depend on your specific weight loss goals.
Talk to Our Exceptional Toms River Bariatric Care Team Today
From your initial consultation to every follow-up appointment after your bariatric surgery, Garden State Bariatrics will be with you every step of the way. We urge you to reach out to our Toms River bariatric care team today to schedule a consultation. Use our helpful online tools to determine your Body Mass Index (BMI) and whether your insurance covers bariatric weight loss surgery. Reclaim your life today!