Simple Suppers for Your Healthy Bariatric Diet
When you undergo bariatric surgery, you’ll have to ease yourself back into eating. At first, you’ll only be able to consume clear liquids, and then you’ll progress to a pureed diet supplemented by protein shakes. The next phase will be a soft diet, incorporating high protein foods and up to 64 ounces of fluids each day. Finally, though, you’ll transition into the stabilization phase, which is a great option in terms of a lifelong diet not just for bariatric patients, but for anyone who wants to stay healthy and fit. With some planning and the right resources, you can have a healthy diet that appeals to your whole family, with recipes delicious enough for entertaining. Here, we’ve got some suggestions for simple summer dishes that will bring you rave reviews.
- You can cook the steak for this Steak Salad on the stovetop or out on the grill. The original recipe serves two, but you can easily increase the ingredients to feed as many as you feel like serving. Delicious and easy, it’s perfect for a relaxed summer evening’s cookout.
- This Shrimp with Tomato and Fennel is easy to put on the table in no time flat. Shrimp are low in calories and full of nutrients, so they’re a great choice for a family meal that sticks to your bariatric requirements. This recipe is so easy it may soon become a household favorite!
- Crispy Chicken Legs with Mixed Cherry Tomatoes is a one-dish meal that needs very little tending. This recipe serves four, and it spends an hour and a half just cooking itself into a scrumptious entrée that’s perfect with a green vegetable or tossed salad to complement it.
- Peach and Parma Ham Salad is light and full of flavor. Is there anything more delectable than fresh peaches? In this gorgeous summer salad, ripe peaches provide a contrasting flavor to savory Parma ham, served over a green salad, making a light, tasty supper for two.
- Sundried Tomato and Pork Tray Bake is perfect for a Sunday supper when you don’t feel like spending Sunday in the kitchen. Pork with eggplant, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and new potatoes makes for a feast, but this feast only takes five minutes of preparation and 30 minutes in the oven. With sundried tomato paste filling out the flavors, this one is sure to be a hit.
- Bonus: Super Fudge Surprise Brownies are the perfect bariatric dessert. High protein and packed with cocoa, these brownies contain neither flour nor added sugar to pull them down. What they do contain is loads of flavor, with a rich, smooth, fudgy texture.
If you’d like to learn more about weight loss surgery, Garden State Bariatrics can help. An MBSAQIP accredited bariatric practice, we provide surgical and ongoing medical care to help patients reach their surgical, nutritional and lifelong goals. Passionate about our work and committed to our patients’ success, we will do everything possible to assist you in living your best life. Visit our website to learn more, or keep reading our blog for useful information. You can also call us at one of our three locations: In Milburn, New Jersey, call (973) 218-1990, in Toms River, New Jersey, call (732) 269-6800, and Browns Mills, NJ (609) 893-1200 ext. 4727.