September Patient Of The Month Tammy Greiss
9/2/15…. Hi Kathy! Here is my updated story and before and after picture.
My name is Tammy Greiss and I am honored to be patient of the month! My struggles with my weight began when I was just a child. I was in my first weight loss program at 8 years old. I had lost 50lbs and was happy with that but it didn’t stay off for very long.
- I joined various weight loss programs through my teen years and lost and gained that same 50 lbs. over and over again. My senior year of High School is when I first weighed over 200lbs. I reached my heaviest weight of 289 by age 26. I was miserable. I was then diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos). I was put on metformin for the insulin resistance associated with pcos and I lost that 50lbs again, but still was unable to lose more and it was a struggle to just maintain my weight. I had no energy and was very depressed. I was always too tired to even play with my amazing sons.
- At almost 41 years old I knew I had to do something, and fast. So I talked with my doctor and he highly recommended Dr. Bilof and GSBWC. I came in for my first consultation in August 2014 with Dr. Bilof and my life forever changed! I was ready and committed to what was in store for me. I weighed in at 271 that first day in August 2014 and I was sleeved on 2/4/15 weighing 260 lbs. My current weight is 175 lbs. in 7 months! Total loss is 96 lbs.
I get closer to my goal every week.
The most incredible thing in my journey is not just losing weight and looking different, but the way that I feel. I am so excited to start each day!
- My energy level is through the roof! I can’t believe I want to exercise either. I love walking and jogging and I’m so active with my son’s now! It’s such an incredible feeling to love life again and have the energy to do anything and everything!
- I’ve recently ran my first virtual 5k for Childhood Cancer Awareness and I’m running my first Color Vibe 5k on sept. 20! My new healthy lifestyle is better than I could ever have imagined. I’ve always dreamed about this feeling and now it’s coming true!
- I even started a facebook support group for pre and post op sleeved patients with pcos, “Our PCOS VSG Journey and Support”. Thank you to my family and friends who are my incredible support system! Also, a big thank you to Dr. Bilof and his amazing team for their guidance and support, you are all my family now too!